Say goodbye to dry, flavorless turkey burgers and hello to these juicy Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers! Sliced apples, cheddar cheese and maple dijon mustard are the perfect sweet and savory toppings!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 apple shredded
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (or water)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
- Sliced cheddar cheese and apple for toppings
Maple Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl use your hands to combine all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal parts and form them into patties.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the patties to the hot skillet and cook on each side for approximately 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- During the last minute of cooking add slices of cheddar cheese to the tops of the burger and cover with a lid or foil until the cheese is melted.
- While the burgers cook whisk together the maple dijon mustard, slice an apple and toast the buns.
- Serve the turkey burgers topped with slices of apple and some of the maple dijon mustard.