The most amazing potato wedges ever. It’s so good, you’ll want to double or triple the recipe!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 3-4 medium to small red potatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges each
- 12 ounces to 1 pound thick center-cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- * optional garlic/spicy aioli, ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into 6-8 wedges each. Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Season the water with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Once the water begins to boil, cook the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, until you can stick a fork into them without too much resistance. Potatoes should be, not fully cooked through so they won’t fall apart.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
- Season the potatoes with the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, olive oil, and pepper, and toss until evenly coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Wrap each potato wedge in half slice of bacon and place on your baking sheet. (if you like you can secure it with a toothpick).
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer, spaced an inch or two apart.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning potatoes over half way through bake time, until the bacon is cooked through and as crisp as you like it.
- * You may need to cook the potatoes in two batches.
- * The smaller wedges actually had a better potato-to-bacon ratio.