Another quick bread recipe? Yes please! I truly love quick breads in the morning for breakfast. This is a twist on traditional banana bread. It has the same base, but throw in some plump, fresh (or frozen) blueberries and it gives the bread an added oomph. You just have to make sure you fold in the blueberries or you’ll squish them. The other tip is as always with banana bread – don’t over bake it. You don’t want a crispy crust. It should be soft.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Before you start cooking preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a 9” bread pan.
- Then grind together butter and sugar. After butter and sugar have been thouroughly mixed, add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Go on beating until the mixture is smooth. Then add bananas and beat again until the pieces are merged.
- After that add the following ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Now you need to use a wooden spoon: with its help mix together until dry ingredients are incorporated. But remember that small lumps may still remain. It’s okay. Do not over mix. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into bread pan. Bake for one hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Don’t take out the pan at once. Allow to cool in bread pan. Run a knife along edges to loosen bread and remove.
Enjoy your bread!
Makes 1, 9” loaf