At happy hour, pair these appetizer-size pizzas with a chilly glass of rosé. For an entrée, simply roll dough into larger rounds.
Hands-on time: 1 hr
Total time: 3 hrs, 15 mins
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size fennel bulb, thinly sliced (optional)
- Pizzetta Dough*
- Parchment paper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces Brie cheese, trimmed and sliced*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and, if desired, fennel, and cook, stirring often, 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flour hands, and shape each Pizzetta Dough ball into a 6- to 8-inch round. Place each round on a small piece of parchment paper. Brush with 1 Tbsp. oil. Top dough rounds with cheese, next 2 ingredients, and onion mixture.
- Place 4 pizzettas (on parchment paper) directly on oven rack, and bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Toss together arugula, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle baked pizzettas with arugula mixture just before serving.
- *1 lb. store-bought pizza dough and 8 oz. sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese may be substituted.