Chicken Meatball Sub – this is a healthy twist on one of my favorites, the meatball sub. Ground chicken instead of beef makes this a delicious but healthy alternative to the classic meatball sub. This recipe can easily be altered to your desire by substituting the mozzarella with your favorite cheese or by using beef, turkey, or meatless meatballs.
Yield: 4 Chicken Meatball Subs
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 15 – 20 min
- 1 Baguette, cut into fours and sliced down the middle
- 1 package Gourmet Chicken Meatballs (refrigerated section)
- 2 cups Organic Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large Organic Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 slices Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat BroilerHeat olive oil in large skillet over medium–high heat. Stir in green pepper and onion and sauté until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare Chicken Meatballs according to package directions.
Divide the meatballs between the bottoms of the baguettes, layer with onions, peppers, and sauce.
Top with sliced cheese and baguette tops.
Place on cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.