Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite meals and I love finding different variations for making it. Here are 4 ways to prepare Chicken Parmesan.
1. Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
I had never made meatloaf before because I don’t like beef, but when I saw this recipe and saw that the this Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf was made with ground chicken, I knew I had to try it.
This meatloaf was so delicious and the marinara sauce and cheese made it so moist and not dry at all. I really love this variation and this can also be frozen ahead of time and just put in the oven. We all liked this and will be making it again!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Mix the mixture with your hands. Place into a greased loaf pan and form the chicken mixture into a loaf shape. Top the meatloaf with the marinara sauce.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until chicken is cooked. When done remove and remove and add the mozzarella cheese on top. Return the meatloaf to the oven until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
2. Baked Chicken Parmesan
Happy New Year!!
Since it is a New Year, I thought that it was a good time to post a healthier recipe. I know that I ate way too many sweets and bad foods over the holidays.
This is a healthy meal for anyone trying to lose some of that holiday weight, trying to fulfill a New Year’s Resolution, or for anyone just looking to eat healthy. This meal is only 6 Weight Watcher points under the Points Plus system and 5 points under the old system. This is a great dish that is healthy, but still tastes great.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (use whole wheat bread crumbs to make the meal even healthier)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken. Then dip the chicken into the bread crumb mixture. Place the chicken onto a lightly greased baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more cooking spray on top of the chicken. Bake the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over then bake for an additional 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven and spoon the marinara sauce over the chicken and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
3. Chicken Parmesan Quesadilla
When I made the Baked Chicken Parmesan, I wondered what it would taste like in a quesadilla. I love making quesadillas because they are an easy go to meal. We make sure to always keep tortillas in the house and always have the other ingredients for this meal, so when we don’t know what else to make we make quesadillas. We make them about once a week. The nice thing about quesadillas is that my husband and I can make our own individual quesadilla and have whatever kind we feel like having.
I am usually not the biggest fan of marinara sauce, except for on pizza. However, this chicken parmesan quesadilla is so good. It tastes just like chicken parmesan, but it takes half of the work and time. Every time we have made quesadillas since I first made this, I have chose to made the Chicken Parmesan Quesdaillas for myself. This is my favorite type of quesadilla, it tastes great, and is so easy to make. This makes a great easy quick dinner or lunch. I recommend that you try it!
- 1 large tortilla
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 ounces pre-cooked chicken strips, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce.
- Grease a skillet and and put over medium heat. Put the tortilla in the skillet and cover the whole tortilla with mozzarella cheese. Add the chicken on one side of the tortilla. Then add the Parmesan Cheese on top of the chicken and the marinara sauce on top of the Parmesan Cheese.
- Once the mozzarella cheese begins to melt, fold the cheese only side over the chicken side of the tortilla. Cook for 2 minutes then flip to the other side of the quesadilla. Cook for another 2 minutes, each side should be browned and crispy. Remove from heat. To serve cut the quesadilla into 3 pieces.
4. Chicken Parmesan Burgers
I really like Chicken Parmesan and I like to find all different types of ways to make it. I have made Baked Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmesan Quesadillas. For summer I thought it would be a great idea to make a Chicken Parmesan Burger. We made these on toasted ciabatta bread, but any type of bread or roll can be used.
These burgers tasted very good, they tasted like chicken parmesan, but in a form that is perfect for summer picnics and parties. This would be great to serve at any summer party, including a 4th of July party. I hope that you really enjoy these burgers. I can’t wait to make them again!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Ciabatta bread or rolls
- Mix the chicken, seasonings, bread crumbs, and cheeses together in a large bowl, until they are combined. Form 4 equal patties.
- Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken has an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle olive oil on each side of the ciabatta bread and toast on the grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the burgers are done top with more mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.