This soup is a sizzling starter for your meal, Chinese сrispy rice gives it a nice crunch when added to the soup. The Chinese Crispy Rice Soup is healthy, clear, non spicy soup with cauliflower, carrots and tomatoes cooked in a vegetable stock.
A very different approach of cooking rice soup. It’s quite a unique dish with a variety of flavours infused well. The soup is tasty and rich in nutrients.
Yield: 6 Bowl (6 Servings)
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into big pieces
- 2 tbsp lettuce leaves chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 tbsp celery (ajmoda) chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped
- 1 medium sized firm tomatoe cut into small pieces
- 5 tbsp sun dried chinese crispy rice
- 2 tbsp oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
- chillies in vinegars for serving
- chilli sauce for serving
- Firstly heat the oil in a pan, on a high flame and add the cauliflower, carrot, celery and spring onions. You need to cook this for up to four minutes.
- Then add 6 teacups of hot water, tomato pieces, lettuce and salt and give one boil.
- After the mixture boils pour it into a large serving bowl.
- Deep fry the dried rice on a high flame.
- And here remember: add the rice only before serving.
- Serve hot with vinegar and chilli sauce.