If you are looking for a decadent banana bread, this is the recipe for you. This moist, flavorful, oil–free banana bread is made with ready-made Banana Bread Mix, ripe bananas, nuts, seeds, and chocolate chips.
Yield: 1 loaf banana bread
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 45 min
- 1 15–oz box Trader Joe’s Banana Bread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped nuts + seeds (I used walnuts and pumpkin seeds)
- 3/4 cup Semi–Sweet Chocolate Chips or chopped dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly oil and dust with flour, shaking out excess. Place mix in a large bowl.
Add eggs, apple sauce, and water; beat mixture together until blended. Add bananas and combine using as few stroked as possible. Fold in nuts and chocolate.
Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake until golden brown, approximately 45 to 55 minutes.