This pancake recipe is a twist on a breakfast favorite. For an extra indulgent, hot-and-cold treat, add a scoop of ice cream to the mix!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 13 mins
Ready In: 23 mins
Yield: 2 to 3
- pancake mix
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 pieces granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon oasted pecans, chopped
- Make 4 to 5 pancakes according to package directions; set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced apples and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon powder, and cornstarch dissolved cold water. Stir until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon sautéed apples over pancakes and sprinkle with toasted pecans.