The cooked quinoa coating on the chicken toasted up nice and crispy and golden brown on the chicken just like bread crumbs and I quite enjoyed the texture of it! Now that I know that the quinoa coating works I can’t wait to try it on other things! Crispy quinoa crusted zucchini fries anyone?
Serve with a salad for an easy light meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Healthy baked, crispy quinoa crusted chicken parmesan topped with melted cheese and marinara sauce.
- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (~1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup liquid)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated
- 2 cups marinara sauce, hot
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, dip in egg and coat in the mixture of the quinoa and italian seasoning.
Place the chicken on a rack on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, top with the cheese and broil until it has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
Plate the chicken and top with hot marinara sauce and fresh torn basil and enjoy!