- mincemeat, 300-400 g
- sausages — 5 (small ones)
- sandwich cheese (slices in a tablet form)
- a couple of cloves for garnishing
- lettuce, as needed for serving
- Cut a sausage lengthwise and then crosswise each piece.
- Make a small cut on one side of each sausage. These will be “claws”.
- Do the same with two more sausages. Cut the remaining sausages into 3 pieces: the ends of sausages will be “heads” of tortoises, and the middle parts will be “tails”. Make a horizontal cut on the “heads” to form a mouth.
- Add salt and pepper to mincemeat. Form cutlets.
- Adjust the parts of the tortoises’ bodies. Insert the cloves to make eyes.
- Now it’s time to make a shell. Cut the cheese tablets into strips and make the “nets”. Put them onto the tortoises’ backs.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and bake cutlets for 30-35 minutes.
- When cheese becomes slightly golden, cover the baking dish with foil. Take away the foil before cutlets are entirely ready (about 5 minutes)
- Spread out the lettuce on a large plate and put cutlets there.