Try these great Dark Knight Truffles from our collection of quick easy dessert recipes. It’s also one of the no-bake recipes. To make them prettier, place truffles in cheerful coloured paper cupcakes. I bet you no one can resist them!
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk Powder
- 500 g Semi–sweet Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 600 g Milk Chocolate; melted for dipping
- 1 cup Chocolate Rice; for decoration
(you may use desiccated coconut as an alternative for decoration but then these will be Light Knight Truffles lol)
- Melt cooking chocolate in double boiler over hot water.
- Separately on another saucepan over low heat, melt butter, milk powder and vanilla essence (essence to be added last). Then add to the melted cooking chocolate and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Chill in refrigerator until almost set. Remove from fridge and beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread in greased baking pan until firm enough to be rolled into small balls. Dip truffles into melted milk chocolate and sprinkle generously with chocolate rice. Chill before serving.
Makes 30 truffles.