I’ve tried to cook granola many times but it always seemed to me that there was something wrong about it. But this time it was a huge hit.
Now I have these in large batches and we all munch on them for our snack time. They are also perfect for a quick grab on busy mornings or lazy evenings.The variations are vast and your creativity is the limit….;)
- 3 cups raw oats (I used the instant oats).
- 1 cup chopped dry nuts (I used pistachios, walnuts, cashews)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dry fruits (I used black raisins, gold raisins and dry apricots)
- 3–4 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Oil (I used bran oil as that is neutral in taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- large pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup raw seeds (optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or baking sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread them on the prepared tray.
- Bake for about 10 –15 mins or till they are toasted
- Cool them well before storing them in glass jars.
Note – If stored well after proper cooling, in an air–tight container, these store well up to 2 weeks at room temp or can be even refrigerated