This original salad will be to your liking as it’s full of freshness and lightness! Vegetables combined with two kinds of juice and sauce will impress you, no doubt…
- 1 pound conch, 1–inch chopped pieces, tenderized
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ lg cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 (5.5oz) can, tomato juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (Juice of about 9 lemons)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tea. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (for more kick, up the pepper)
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Hot sauce (to taste, I prefer Louisiana)
Combine all of the ingredients and allow to marinate for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
Note: If your seafood monger doesn’t tenderize conch (or if you bought it frozen), no problem at all. Simply place conch between 2 sheets of parchment paper and with a rolling pin or heavy–bottom pot, pound it out until it is all an even half–inch in thickness.