This pastry crust can be used for making pies with any filling to your liking and taste. One more plus of it is that it’s gluten-free!
- 3 ½ cups gluten–free pie crust mix (Sarah uses Augason Farms brand)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (or any other substitute)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup very cold water
- Add salt to pie crust mix. Cut shortening and sour cream into mix using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, until the mix resembles small peas.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and water and stir into flour mixture until smooth. (I recommend mixing with your hands.)
- Form 2–3 balls. Place one ball between two pieces of wax paper (or parchment paper) and roll out to fit your desired pie tin. You can also cover these with plastic wrap and let them chill in the refrigerator until you need them.