I prefer cooking something a little bit lighter and full of fresh ingredients. So, when I started craving a salad that had some substance to it, steak came to mind. Good steak. Grilled steak. Medium done. Cut thin. And the ideas just went from there.
If you are also a person who loves colour in salads you’ll definitely like this one I offer to cook.
- 1 top sirloin steak (approx. 8 oz.)
- 1 package yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 package arugula leaves
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Blue Cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and place on grill. Cook for over medium high heat for 4–6 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature is reached. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes. Thinly slice and set aside.
- While steak is grilling, place peppers and cherry tomatoes on a grill tray and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for 6 minutes or until vegetables are at tender crisp stage, slightly charred.
- Place lettuce and arugula in a shallow bowl. Top with avocados, grilled vegis, steak slices, blue cheese crumbles, and 1–2 Tbs. of dressing.