No bake desserts such as these tasty high fibre homemade Rye Coconut Buns use unbleached wholemeal flour and organic rye flour. Instead of butter we use virgin coconut oil which is well known for its healing properties. Believe me, the coconut oil flavour complements the buns very well!
A healthy dessert recipe is not necessarily bland in taste – actually you will grow to like it. Well, I did. I used to eat white bread but have since switched to wholemeal bread.
Ingredients For Bun:
- 350 g Unbleached Wholemeal Flour; sifted
- 100 g Organic Rye Flour; sifted
- 2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 bowl Warm Water
- 100 g Organic Raw Sugar
- 20 g Virgin Coconut Oil
Ingredients For Coconut Filling:
- 2 cups Freshly Grated Coconut; from one coconut
- 5 tbsp Dark Molasses Sugar; unsulphured
- 10 pieces Cut–out Banana Leaves; cut into circles and cleaned