A better stuffing can be hardly made out for the hen. The combination of these ingredients makes the dish flavourful and nourishing.
- 1 hen
- 40 g bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of a petiolar celery
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 250 ml apple juice
- 2 table–spoon walnuts
- 0,5 glass boiled rice
- 1 table–spoon fresh bread crumbs
- 2 table–spoon butter
- 100 ml chicken broth
- 0,5 tea–spoon starch
- Salt, black ground pepper to taste
- Dried peel of half of orange
- Pinch of a ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground allspice tree
- Handful of fresh cranberries
- Prepare a stuffing. Peel and finely cut onion. Wash rosemary, take it to leaves. Wash celery, grind. Bacon cut thinly, walnuts chop.
- Warm up vegetable oil in a frying pan; add bacon, onion, celery and rosemary, and simmer under a lid for 10 minutes. Add cranberries and half of apple juice, to increase fire. When liquid level decreases by third, remove a frying pan from fire, set aside to cool down.
- Add in a forcemeat nutmeg, allspice tree, salt, black pepper, walnuts, dried orange peel, rice, eggs and crumbs. Mix well.
- Preheat an oven to 200 °С. Wash the hen, dry it and fill with the prepared stuffing.
- Rub the hen with a butter, salt and pepper. Put in the oven in a scallop. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take out the hen from an oven, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce. Apple pour in a stew–pan. Add meat from wings, a broth, and starch dissolved in a small amount of water, and simmer slowly stirring for 5–7 minutes while the sauce thickens.