Lemon fudge has got sweet and tart taste at the same time. This is the ideal variant for pies, cakes and other kinds of pastry. You can make an unusual frosting for your favourite pie or simply decorate some cookies, for example.
- Lemons, 4
- Eggs, 4
- Sugar, 350 g (or sugar powder)
- Butter, 225 g
- Starch, 10 g
- Wash lemons thoroughly and then pour boiling water onto them.
- Take away lemon peel with the help of a knife or grater.
- Cut each lemon into half and press out juice.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and all the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and start boiling till the fudge thickens. It usually takes about 8 minutes.
- You can use fudge at once or keep in sterilized jars in fridge till you need it. Then you may warm it up and use as desired.