This light appetizer is good in any season of the year! It doesn’t contain ingredients high in calories but it’s still quite nourishing. It may be a side dish or served as an individual one.
- Maize, 600 g (canned, frozen, fried etc)
- Olive oil, 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes, 500 g
- Avocados, 2 ripe
- Red onion, of a medium size
- Canned or boiled beans, 150 g
- Bunch of parsley
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add the above mentioned amount of maize, warm it up, stirring for 5 minutes. Take it away and let it cool.
- Cut tomatoes, avocado and onion into large pieces.
- In a separate bowl mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad–bowl mix the maize, tomatoes, avocado, beans and onion. Add the seasoning.
Enjoy your meal!
P.S. You may serve the dish with corn chips, baked potatoes, grilled chicken or steak.
Advice: We recommend eating this appetizer within an hour after you’ve cooked it, so the vegetables will remain appealing and juicy inside.