This is the ideal light breakfast for those who prefer a healthy start! The recipe can be also included into the cookery book of vegetarians.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 Persian Lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana (peel it before you freeze it)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 tbsp sunflower butter or organic, natural peanut butter
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes crushed graham crackers (optional)
- sweetened coconut shreds
- Vanilla protein powder (optional)
Place the ingredients into your blender in the order listed above, then blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. If you’re using a small blender like mine, you may want to blend for 30 seconds, shake it and continue to blend for an additional minute or so until you no longer hear the ice crushing.
Without the protein powder, the smoothie is under 300 calories and perfect for an early breakfast to really get you going!