Some members of my family call it manicotti, some call it Italian casserole. So I call it Manicotti Italian Casserole. This is one of my all time favorite meals to make, and it’s super easy! For gatherings I make the whole recipe, for my family I cut it in half.
40 m 8 servings 909 cals
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- thinly sliced pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Pour in rigatoni, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set pasta aside.
3. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. With a slotted spoon, remove beef and sausage to a baking dish. Stir mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cooked pasta into the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese and pepperoni over the top.
4. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.