Onion Pie is a very appetizing dish of German cuisine. We share this easy and quick recipe with you. You won’t resist this yummy pie which is very crispy and flavourful.
- Puff pastry, 500 g
- Onions, 3
- Egg yolk, 1
- Sour cream, 4 tbsp
- Cheese, 100 g
- Black ground pepper, salt, to taste
- Oil, to taste
- Unfreeze puff dough at room temperature.
- Peel onions and slice into rings.
- Fry onions in oil till it turns golden. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a bowl and beat eggs, then add sour cream and mix well.
- Grate cheese on a large grater and add to the mixture. Mix well again.
- Roll out 2/3 dough on the surface powdered with flour. Put it onto the baking dish. Make a collar and cut extra dough.
- Put the layer of onions. Then pour the egg mixture. Bend the collars in direction to the centre.
- Cut the remaining dough into stripes and garnish the cake in the form of a net.
- Slush the stripes with egg yolk.
- Put the pie into oven (previously preheated to 220 C) for half an hour.