If you frequently read food and health blogs, you may be familiar with the term “overnight oats”.
If you don’t read blogs, then you most likely have no idea what I’m talking about – let me explain!
Oatmeal is one of the simplest, yet most versatile breakfast meals out there, and it is definitely one of my favorites. Overnight Oats is just a different way of preparing oatmeal- just think: cold instead of hot!
Overnight Oats is a great option by itself, but if you’re willing to take it to the next level…
Ya just gotta wait till you run out of your favorite peanut butter! Here’s my version of Overnight Oats in a Jar:
- 1 empty nut butter jar (doesn’t have to be completely empty, just enough so you can see the bottom)
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (or enough to just barely cover the oats)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- For the next morning: Sliced banana or other fruit and nut toppings of your choice
Pour the uncooked oats, almond milk, cocoa powder and yogurt in the empty jar and give it a little stir.
Put the lid on and place in the refrigerator overnight.
The next morning, top with your favorite fruit and nut toppings and enjoy!