Tired of your usual macaroni salad recipe? Change things up by adding pineapples into the mix! This macaroni salad recipe is great for weekends or for entertaining because it can feed a crowd and only needs a few pantry staples to whip up. If you don’t think pineapples belong on pizza, you can bet that they belong in macaroni salad!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Ready In: 25 mins
- 1 200-gram pack elbow macaroni
- 6 strips bacon, reserve the oil
- 1 227-gram can pineapple slices, reserve the juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bacon oil
- salt, to season
- ground black pepper, to season
Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook bacon until crisp then chop; reserve oil. Drain pineapple slices; reserve juice. Grill pineapples until slightly charred; slice into quarters.
Combine sour cream, pineapple juice, and bacon oil. Mix in cooked macaroni, bacon, and pineapple. Season with salt and pepper.