This Dessert is sophisticated, EXTREMELY easy! The filling can be prepared several hours before your party and ready for assembly 2 hrs prior!
8 dessert dishes – shot glasses, dessert glasses, mini trifle dishes, whatever your heart’s desire. Just be sure you can fill each one with the dessert and have enough for everyone.
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier. Purchased a mini from Publix Liquors since I didn’t need but one tablespoon)
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 prepared lemon pound cake, cut into cubes fitting the bottom of your chosen dish*
- 8 fresh raspberries
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
*Feel free to use a store bought cake or if you’re in a truly decadent mood make this Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake. The original recipe called for the use of Italian ladyfingers. I probably would’ve been fine using them but after checking Publix, Fresh Market and a local Italian Market and not finding the soft variety, I gave up and moved on to plan B. which I think was better anyway.