This grain and gluten-free recipe can be easily doubled or even trippled. The bownies are not only useful but also very tasty.
- 7 Dried Medjool dates (Most Medjool dates are around 1 ½ to 2 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or raw honey, optional
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (approximately) best quality unsweetened cocoa powder (or blend of cocoa and ground raw cacao powder)
- ¼ cup ground almonds (blanched or unblanched are okay)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
Make sure dates are at room temperature for easy processing. Pit dates and place in food processor with agave, coconut oil and vanilla and pulse until mixture is fairly smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl and add cocoa and almonds. Process until well mixed. Stir in 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts.