A recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Kalamata Olive, and Arugula Pizza with Trader Giotto’s Fat Free Pizza Sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Trader Joe’s Wheat Pizza Dough.
Yield: 8 pizza slices
Prep time: 10 min active | Cook time: 14 min
- flour, as needed
- Trader Joe’s Wheat Pizza Dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Trader Giotto’s Fat Free Pizza Sauce
- 8 ounces Trader Joe’s Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 large red bell pepper, fire–roasted and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Pitted Kalamata Olives, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 handful Trader Joe’s Organic Arugula
First of all you need to preheat oven to 450°F. On a lightly floured surface begin to shape the dough by hand or with a rolling pin into a 12–inch circle. Then carefully place dough on a pizza stone or lightly oiled baking sheet. Your task now is to precook the pizza dough until the bottom of the crust is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven. Spread the pizza sauce onto the dough and top with mozzarella. After that place the peppers and olives on top of the cheese. Place the pizza in the oven. Bake until the crust is fully cooked and the cheese starts to brown. It usually takes up to 10 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven. Top pizza with arugula and cut into slices.