This shrimp pasta recipe is quick and easy! Adding lemon juice and zest to the usual pasta white sauce gives it a burst of freshness and extra zing. Try pairing this pasta sauce with bacon or pork meatballs, too.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Ready In: 35 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 300 grams shrimp, large, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, washed, and sliced diagonally into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 250 grams linguine, cooked according to package directions
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon zest, from 2 lemons, soaked in ice-cold water
- lemon wedges, to serve
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until soft. Add shrimps and asparagus. Cook until shrimps become opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add cream, lemon juice, and pasta. Add about ½ cup reserved pasta water if mixture is too dry. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain lemon zest and add to pasta; stir well. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.