Sometimes the best recipes are the ones you come up with on the fly. Like this one. I had shrimp thawed out but had NO idea what I was going to do with it and dinner really should be on the table in about 30 minutes. This is what came out of that…
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2–14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the quinoa on the stove top according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink.
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor or small blender and pour over the shrimp.
- Add the garlic and spices and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop some quinoa onto a plate and top with the shrimp/tomato sauce.