I know that spaghetti is a simple meal. It really is – cook the pasta, warm up the sauce. BUT, if you want to make it for a lot of people, it can be a little time consuming. And sometimes I just want to be able to dump everything into the crock pot and let it stew all day. The pasta gets nice and soft, and the sauce is nice and thick. When you cook Spaghetti in the crock pot, it becomes more like a casserole than a pasta dish. But it is a nice change up from traditional style. Plus, all the time you could have spent preparing it, you can now spend on making something else, like Focaccia Bread to have with it?!
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 1 (24 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Spray crock pot with non–stick cooking spray.
- Brown hamburger in large skillet with onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour half the jar of spaghetti sauce into crock pot. Break spaghetti noodles in half and place on top of sauce. Pour in remainder of sauce.
- Fill sauce jar with water and pour into pot. Add hamburger.
- Cook on low for 5–6 hours or 3–4 hours on high.