Juicy cooked pork chops will make your dinner delicious and nourishing. Having tasted them even the pickiest eaters will say “Wow!”
- 4 Pork Chops (bone in)
- 1/2 large white onion
- Vegetable Oil
- Seasoning Salt
- Roughly chop onion. Set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Dredge in flour.
- Once grease is heated, fry at medium high in a shallow pan of oil for 4-5 mins. on each side. (I started with EVOO and when I realized I needed more oil, I switched to veg. oil)
- Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain some of the fat.
- Pour out all the oil. Pan should be coated with a little oil and the bits of flour that may have come off the chops.
- Turn pan back on to medium.
- Add 4 Tbsps. of oil back to the pot. (Or if you can eyeball it, just pour off all but 4 Tbsps. from the beginning)
- Get a whisk and starting with a Tbsp., begin whisking in flour.
- After it’s pretty much broken up, add another Tbsp. Keep whisking.
- If you need more liquid, add liquid. If you need more flour, add flour.
- Add onions to the pan and toss around to saute.
- After they get going add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Whisk.
- It may need a little seasoning so taste it. If so add salt and pepper.
- Return pork chops back to pan and simmer on low for about 5 or 6 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!