Dish out delightful Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for parties. This is one of the favourite drop cookies recipes which is fuss free.
I usually beat butter with sugar first with a blender before mixing the rest of the ingredients with a large spoon.
The strawberries used in chocolate chip oatmeal cookies recipe are dried preserved variants which are already sweet and chewy. They provide the extra delicious sweet bite to the cookies.
- 3/4 cup Butter; at room temperature
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Dried Strawberries; chopped into pieces
- 3/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups All–Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Strawberry Essence
- 1 3/4 cups Instant Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (or simple chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Almonds Nuts; toasted and chopped into pieces
Mix all the ingredients together with large spoon. Blend well.
With a teaspoon, drop onto ungreased cookies sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 200°C.
Note: In my recipe I used white chocolate instead of black chocolate chips.