Moist soft, gooey and yummy loaves that you could lay your hands on, these beauties are. With strawberries being in season, just could not resist myself from making this treat for my family.
Strawberries are just wonderful beauties and irresistible, that my daughter, the moment she lays her eyes on them, just keeps munching till the whole batch is done !!! This time I had to hide some , so that I could make the loaf.
I never had the faintest idea that this would just be the “melt–in–your mouth” kind of loaf, but trust me, you cannot stop with one piece !!! Totally irresistible it is…. Less effort and great treat to enjoy for any occasion or just to treat yourself…
Servings – 1 medium size loaf
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries ( fresh or frozen) chopped
- Pre–heat the oven at 180C. Grease a loaf tine and keep aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, sift and keep aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat till combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- To this add in the dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir, till just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries carefully.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for about 50–60 minutes or till done.