Dreaming of something charming and delicious? This strawberry shortcake will make your wishes come true!
- 1 container fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- Pound cake, cut into cubes
- Whipped cream
- Wash and dry strawberries. Remove stems. Divide in half.
- Take 1/2 of the strawberries and place in a shallow bowl. Using a potato masher, mash strawberries until no large chunks remain. Add sugar and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Take the remaining half of the strawberries and cut into chunks. Add to strawberry sauce.
- Serve over pound cake cubes and top with whipped cream.