Like carpaccio, ceviche (pronounced seh–vee–chay) is a raw fish dish. It is essentially fish “cooked” in the acid of citrus juice. Most South American countries now have their own version but it is thought to have originated from Peru.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 230g swordfish (bloodline removed), 1cm diced
- 2 tablepoons lime juice
- 12 (5 to 6 inches) soft corn tortillas or 6 Soft Tacos
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ red capsicum, finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripened tomato (seeds and flesh removed), finely diced
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, roughly chopped
Mix the swordfish with the lime juice and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
To serve add the vegetables, coriander a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon oil to the swordfish and mix well. Place on top of each tortilla.