With its crispy top and creamy base, this is the perfect balance of cheese and herb flavours.
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 1 hour 15 Minutes
- 2kg waxy potatoes, peeled
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp thyme leaves
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 300ml pure cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a mandolin to slice potatoes 2mm thick, then pat dry with paper towel. Set aside. Combine butter, parmesan and thyme in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange vertically in a 11⁄2L capacity baking dish and pour over cream. Cover with baking paper and foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove baking paper and foil, then bake for a further 30 minutes or until crispy and golden on top. Serve.
Author: Andre Martin