These nice cone sushi will be a nice decoration of any party table, especially if your guests are crazy about them!
- 200g Japanese short grain rice
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100g salmon, sliced
- 100g tuna, sliced
- some seaweed, cut into circles
- toasted sesame seeds
- some wasabi paste
- Wash the rice in several changes of water, drain and put in a saucepan. Add 250ml of water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Lower the heat to minimum and using a spatula, give it s quick stir from top to bottom. Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- Loosen the grains with a spatula, continue to simmer, covered for another minute. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the vinegar, sugar and salt in a cup and stir well until dissolved. Transfer the rice to a non-metallic mixing bowl and sprinkle the vinegar dressing over. Using a spatula, fold the vinegar mixture into the rice. Set aside to let cool.
- To assemble, layer some rice, followed by slices of salmon. Then, alternate with more rice, and arrange slices of tuna. Continue to alternate the ingredients until the mould is full. Smear some wasabi, if liked. Sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds.