You may be surprised at just how easy it is to make your own wine gummy bears. All you need are two gummy bear molds, some gelatin, and a little sugar.
If you’re like me and want to keep them boozy, make sure you monitor it closely with a candy thermometer. To retain the alcohol, it needs to stay at 90 degrees or below.
I think they truly turned out to be tasty. The red wine gummy bears were my favorite, while Janette was rather fond of the Rosé.
If I made them again I would like to do some fun variations, like maybe mix some peach juice with some Moscato for the white wine version.
I hope you enjoy this wine gummy bear recipe as much as we did.
Wine Gummy Bears Recipe (Red, White, & Rosé)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 90 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Serves: Makes about 125 Gummy Bears
- 1 Cup Wine
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons or 6 packets of powdered Gelatin
- 1 drop pink food coloring (if making Rosé Gummy Bears)
- 2-3 Gummy Bear Molds
- Place the wine, sugar and gelatin in a saucepan over medium low heat (if you want to keep the alcohol in, make sure to keep under 90 degrees). Whisk for 2-3 minutes or until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. (Stir in the pink food coloring if making Rosé gummy bears)
- Using a glass measuring cup with a spout, pour the mixture over the gummy bear molds. Use an offset spatula to get rid of the excess and ensure all the molds are filled.
- Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
- When gelatin has set, bears will easily pop out from mold.
- Store uneaten wine gummy bears in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Author: Jessica Pinney